RSUMC History The Russell Springs First United Methodist Church was first established in 1907 in the home of Mr. & Mrs. William Vaughan with 16 members and Rev. Robert Lee Talley as pastor. Services were held at various places before the first church building was built. Russell Springs was on a circuit with 5 other churches until 1948 when it became a station church with membership totaling 346. Over the years we have had 32 pastors, with Dr. Timo Karvonen being our current pastor. Three church buildings have been built over the last 100 years. Land was purchased in 1910 to build the first church. The second church was built in 1924. The existing church was built in 1967. In the last few years the current building has been renovated and we have added The ROCK (Reaching Out in Christian Kindness) which serves as our Family Life Center. The church has grown by leaps and bounds, not of our own doing, but through the strength of Christ. Our doors and hearts are open to everyone.
Please come join us in spreading the Good News.